If your Chromecast has frozen or malfunctions, you may want to perform a reset on the device. Here’s how to soft and hard reset your Chromecast.
Option 1 – From Physical Device
- Unplug the Chromecast from its power source for about 20 seconds, then plug it back in.
Factory Hard Reset
- While the Chromecast is plugged into a power source, press and hold the small button on the device for about 15 seconds. The device will go back to factory defaults.
Option 2 – From PC
- Using Chrome with the Google Cast plugin installed, select the Chromecast icon in the upper-right corner.
- Choose “Options“.
- Select “Manage cast devices“.
- Select your device in the list.
- Choose “REBOOT CHROMECAST” or “FACTORY RESET” as desired.
Option 3 – From Android
- Open the “Chromecast” app.
- Select “Devices“.
- Select the three dots icon, then choose “Device settings“.
- Select the three dots located at the upper-right corner, then choose “Reboot Chromecast” or “Factory Reset” as desired.