If you ever want to cast the screen of your Apple iPhone device to your TV, you can do it via the Roku using these steps.
Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
- Ensure that both your Roku and Android device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- From the Roku, go to “Settings” > “System” > “Screen mirroring” > “Enable screen mirroring“. On some devices, you should choose “Prompt” or “Always allow“.
Mirror iPhone Screen to Roku
- From the iPhone, swipe down the Quick Menu from the top of the screen.
- Tap “Screen Mirroring“.
- Select the Roku device you would like to connect to in the list.
- Enter the code displayed on the Roku.
If you Roku doesn’t appear in the list of devices on your iPhone, it may not be compatible with Airplay. See this link here.
Cast From Apps
Apps like YouTube, Hulu, and Netflix have an option to cast video from the iPhone to the Roku. To cast from iPhone using this method, simply select the Cast icon while watching a video, and the video will start playing on the Roku.
Cast Using Roku App
This option work for displaying pictures, video, and other media saved on your iOS device.
- Download and install the Roku app to your iPhone.
- Open the app and follow the directions to connect the app to your Roku.
- Select “Devices” at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the device you wish to connect to, then select “Media“.
- Choose the type of media you wish to cast. Choose between music, photos, or video.
- Tap the item you wish to cast.
I hope this guide has helped you successfully cast your iPhone screen to your Roku. Share your experience or ask a question in the comments section.
This post applies to Roku, Roku Ultra, Express, Streaming Stick, Streambar, and Roku integrated Insignia, Sharp, and TCL Roku TV models.
Why can’t I mirror from apps like HBO Max, or NFL Network?
Some iOS apps such as HBO Max, NFL Network, and MLBTV are locked down and prevent users from using their apps to watch content on a television via Roku. This is usually done to push consumers to purchase another device or service.