We show you 2 methods for deleting apps from the Amazon Fire TV and Firestick with this tutorial.
- Press and hold the “Home” button on the remote control until a menu appears.
- Select “Apps“.
- Use the directional pad to highlight the app you wish to delete.
- Press ☰ on the remote.
- A menu will appear where you can select “Uninstall“. The app will then be removed from your Fire TV.
- The app will still be available from the cloud and appear as a selection in Your Apps & Channels. If you want to completely remove references to the app, press ☰ while the app is highlighted, then choose “Remove from Cloud“.
- From the Home screen, select “Settings” ⚙️.
- Choose “Applications“.
- Select the “Manage Installed Applications” option.
- Choose the app you wish to delete.
- Select “Uninstall“.
- On the “Are you sure?” prompt, select “Uninstall“.
At this point, the app will be removed from the memory of your Fire TV. The app may still appear with a cloud icon on it to represent that it is still available from for download. If you wish to remove the app from your app menu, preform step 6 in Option 1.
Why doesn’t the option to uninstall appear on some apps?
Some apps are included embedded in the memory of the device. Many Amazon related apps like Alexa Shopping and Amazon Photos are not removable.
This post applies to Amazon Fire TV Cube, Firestick, and box models.