Having a problem with the Alexa Voice remote control feature on the Amazon Fire TV Firestick? I did too. The Voice Control button just stopped working entirely for me when I was trying to perform a voice search. Sometimes the Fire TV even turned off when trying to use Alexa. Here are some steps you can take to fix the issue.
In This Guide
Fix 1 – Restart
First try simply restarting the Fire TV to see if that clears the issue. You can do so with these steps:
- From the Home screen, choose “Settings“.
- Select “My Fire TV” or “System“.
- Choose “Restart“.
You can also press and hold the “Select” and “Play” buttons on the remote simultaneously until the Fire TV resets.
Fix 2 – Reset Remote
- Unplug the Fire TV from its power source and wait 60 seconds.
- Press and hold the Left ◀, Menu ☰, and Back buttons simultaneously for about 15 seconds.
- Wait 5 seconds, then remove the batteries from the remote.
- Plug the Fire TV back into its power source and wait 60 seconds.
- Place the batteries back into the remote.
- Press the Home button on the remote.
Fix 3 – Re-register the Device
The microphone button on the remote usually stops working because the link to your Amazon account is broken. Refresh it by deregistering the Fire TV and re-registering.
- From the Home screen, select “Settings” ⚙️ > “Account & Profile Settings > “Amazon account” > “Deregister“.
- Confirm your selection by selecting “Deregister” again.
- When the registration page loads, sign back in using your Amazon account to re-register the device.
Fix 4 – Check Home Button Setting
- From the Home screen, select “Settings” ⚙️.
- Choose “Equipment Control“.
Note: If you can’t enter this menu, this setting won’t cause this problem. Disregard Fix 4 in this case.
- Select “Manage Equipment“.
- Select “Advanced Settings“.
- Ensure that “Home button” is set to “HDMI-CEC Only“.
Fix 3 fixed voice control for my family’s Fire TV Stick. But I have heard Fix 1 has helped many people with this problem too. If you have gone through the steps for all four fixes, your remote may be defective. Your best bet is to purchase a replacement. Let me know how everything worked for you in the comments!