With recent RokuOS updates, the Roku supports Airplay. That means that you can now connect and mirror your MacBook to a Roku device. This tutorial will tell you how to set everything up.
Enable Airplay on Roku
- Starting at the Home screen, go to “Settings“.
- Choose “Apple Airplay & Homekit“.
Note: If you don’t have the “Airplay and Homekit settings” option, your Roku may not support Airplay, or has not been updated with the version of RokuOS that supports it.
- Make sure that “Airplay” is set to “On“.
Connect MacBook to Roku
- Confirm that the MacBook is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Roku.
- From the MacBook, select the quick menu at the top of the screen, then select “Screen Mirroring“.
- Select the Roku device you wish to connect to.
- A code will appear on your TV via the Roku. Enter the code on your MacBook to complete the connection.
You should now have your MacBook screen mirrored to your Roku. Any video or sound will be shown via your Roku device.