Vudu is a popular service for streaming movies. You won’t find an app for the Firestick/Fire TV in the Amazon Appstore though. If you really need to have Vudu on your Firestick/Fire TV, you’ll have to sideload the Android APK installation file. Here are the easiest steps to install Vudu on Firestick, Fire TV box, and other models.
- On the Fire TV, go to “Settings” > “My Fire TV” > “Developer options” and ensure that “Apps from Unknown Sources” is set to “On“.
- Download and install the “Downloader” app. You can find it under “Apps” > “Categories” > “Utility“.
- Launch the “Downloader” app, and choose the “Browser” option.
- Visit the http://dorkboxhd.com website using the browser.
- Select the “VUDU For Fire TV” option.
- Select the “Download INSTALLATION FILE” button.
- After the file downloads, you will now have the option to “Install“, then “Open” Vudu. If you wish to do this later, select “Cancel“. The file will still be available under the “Files” option in Downloader.
That’s all there is to it! You have successfully installed the Vudu app on the Amazon Fire TV device.
One thing to note is that the Vudu app will not automatically update when a new version is released. You will have to repeat these steps for each new version you wish to install.