So you’ve decided you need to connect your computer to your TV somehow so you can watch Netflix on the big screen. In most cases, it shouldn’t be a problem. Just follow these steps.
Option 1 – Wireless
- Wi-Fi Network
- PC with WiFi and Chrome browser
- Connect the Chromecast to the HDMI port on your TV and a USB power source.
- Open Chrome on your PC and install the Google Cast plugin.
- Walk through the steps on your TV screen to setup the Chromecast.
- Once setup is complete, visit Netflix and start a video. You will have a “Cast” icon available you can use to send the video and audio from Netflix on your PC to your Chromecast and TV.
Option 2 – Wired
If you have a PC with an HDMI out port, a Netflix connection to your TV should be no problem. You just need a cable that you can plug in between your computer and your TV.
In most cases, your computer will have a Micro, Mini, or standard HDMI port. Obtain the proper HDMI cable that goes from the port on your computer to the standard HDMI port on your TV, and you will instantly be able to enjoy Netflix on your TV via your computer.