If your Google Chromecast has frozen or malfunctions, you may want to perform a reset on the device. Here’s how to soft and hard reset your Chromecast.
Option 1 – From Physical Device
- Unplug the Chromecast from its power source for about 20 seconds, then plug it back in.
Factory Hard Reset
- While the Chromecast is plugged into a power source, press and hold the small button on the device for about 15 seconds. The device will go back to factory defaults.
Option 2 – From Android
- Open the “Google Home” app on your supported device.
- Select “Devices“.
- Select the three dots icon, then choose “Device settings“.
- Select the three dots located at the upper-right corner, then choose “Reboot Chromecast” or “Factory Reset” as desired.