Some users of the Apple TV channel may experiencing problems when trying to verify their account. The message “Apple TV verification failed” will appear on their Roku. Follow some of these tips to fix it.
Check if Apple TV is Down
Before we get too deep in troubleshooting, check to see if others are having problems with Apple TV. You can visit the Apple TV page on Downdetector, or search Twitter for other users who may be experiencing problems.
Apple TV is only compatible with these Roku device:
- Roku 4K TV A000X, C000X, 6000X, 7000X
- Roku TV 8000X, D000X
- Roku Smart Soundbar 9101X, 9102X
- Roku onn™ Smart Soundbar 9100X
- Roku Express 3900X, 3930X
- Roku Express+ 3910X, 3931X
- Roku HD 3932X
- Roku Streaming Stick 3600X, 3800X
- Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810X, 3811X
- Roku Premiere 3920X, 4620X
- Roku Premiere+ 3921X, 4630X
- Roku Ultra 4640X, 4660X, 4661X, 4670X, 4800X
- Roku Ultra LT 4662X
- Roku 2 4210X, 4205X
- Roku 3 4200X, 4230X
You can find the model for your device by going to “Settings” > “System” > “About”.
Check for Updates
Ensure you have the latest version of the RokuOS and the Apple TV channel.
- To check for RokuOS updates, check under “Settings” > “System” > “System update” to see if you can force the Roku to complete the update.
- To check for Apple TV channel updates, highlight the icon for the channel on the Home screen, press *, then select “Check for updates“.
- Navigate to Settings > System > System restart > Restart to restart the Roku. Alternately, you could remove the power cord from the Roku, then plug it back in.
Clear the Cache
The Roku stores all kinds of temporary data for quicker access. Sometimes this cache of data can cause problems. You can safely clear the cache by going to the home screen and pressing the following buttons in order:
🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠 + ▲ + ⏪️⏪️ + ⏩️⏩️
- Home 5 times
- Up 1 time
- Rewind 2 times
- Fast Forward 2 times
If entered properly, the Roku will power down and restart after a few minutes. I’ve seen this process sometimes take a half hour, so be patient.
Factory Reset Roku
If you’ve arrived at this section and you’re still having problems verifying your account in Apple TV for Roku, a factory reset is recommended. A factory reset will clear all data from your Roku and set it back to the state it was when you first purchased it. To factory reset your Roku, follow these steps:
- From the “Home” screen select “Settings“.
- Choose “System“.
- Select “Advanced system settings” > “Factory Reset“.
Hopefully one of the above steps helped you solve a problem with the Apple TV verification error on Roku. Please share your experience in the comments.