I woke up this morning and found that the time on my Roku TV was off by an hour. There are many things that can cause this problem. In this guide, I will show you the troubleshooting steps to take when your Roku shows the wrong time.
Check Time Settings
- Starting at the Home screen of the Roku, navigate to “Settings” > “System” > “Time“.
- “Set automatically” is the preferred setting. If the time zone is wrong, proceed to the other troubleshooting steps. Otherwise, select “Set manually” and set the proper time zone there.
Sometimes a simple restart can clear up problems with the time. Go to “Settings” > “Power” > “System restart“.
Check For Updates
- Sometimes, updating the RokuOS software can fix problems with it showing the wrong time. Check for an update with these steps.
- Press the “Home” button on the remote 5 times.
- Press the “Fast Forward” button on the remote 3 times.
- Press the “Rewind” button on the remote 2 times.
- A screen will appear when you can select “Update software“.
- Select “Update now” to proceed with the software update.
- Once the update is completed, go to “Settings” > “Power” > “System restart“. Hopefully, the time is corrected once it reboots.
Ensure no VPN is Running
This was the problem for me. I had forgotten I configured a VPN on my Internet router.
When the Roku is set to set the time automatically and a VPN service is running, it might be grabbing the wrong time because it senses it’s in the region your VPN is set to.
If you run a VPN on your Internet router, set it to a region in the same time zone you are in, or disable it to correct the time issue.
I hope this guide has helped you solve the problem with your Roku showing the wrong time. Let me know how it worked out for you.