I wanted to connect my Bluetooth earbuds to my Roku and listen to my show privately. I was shocked to find that Roku doesn’t support Bluetooth pairing with audio devices. There is a way to use Bluetooth headphones with the Roku though. I cover the steps you can take to make it happen using an Android or Apple smartphone or tablet in this guide.
- Ensure you have an Android or Apple device available to use, and make sure it’s connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Roku.
- Perform the steps needed to pair your Bluetooth headphones to your Android or Apple device. You may need to have a look at the documentation provided with your hardware to figure out how to do that.
- Download and install the Roku official app onto your Android or Apple device.
- Open the Roku app, then elect “Devices“, then choose the Roku you wish to use.
- Once you are ready to start listening over your Bluetooth headphones, tap the 🎧 button. All sound will now be routed to your phone and headphones.