I wanted to connect my Bluetooth earbuds to my Roku and listen to my show privately. I was shocked to find that Roku doesn’t support direct Bluetooth pairing with audio devices. There is a way to use Bluetooth headphones with the Roku though. I cover the steps you can take to make it happen using an Android or Apple smartphone or tablet in this guide.
- Ensure you have an Android or Apple device available to use, and make sure it’s connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Roku.
- Perform the steps needed to pair your Bluetooth headphones to your Android or Apple device. You may need to have a look at the documentation provided with your hardware to figure out how to do that.
- Download and install the Roku official app onto your Android or Apple device.
- Open the Roku app, then elect “Devices“, then choose the Roku you wish to use.
- Once you are ready to start listening over your Bluetooth headphones, tap the 🎧 button. All sound will now be routed to your phone and headphones.
This tutorial is valid for all versions of the Roku including TCL Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Roku Streaming Stick, and Roku Streaming Bar.