Having a problem with the Alexa Voice remote control feature on the Amazon Fire TV? I did too. Voice Control button just stopped working entirely for me when I was trying to perform a voice search. Here are some steps you can take to fix the issue.
Fix 1 – Restart
First try simply restarting the Fire TV to see if that clears the issue. You can do so with these steps:
- From the Home screen, choose “Settings“.
- Select “My Fire TV” or “System“.
- Choose “Restart“.
You can also press and hold the “Select” and “Play” buttons on the remote simultaneously until the Fire TV resets.
Fix 2 – Re-register the Device
The microphone button on the remote usually stops working because the link to your Amazon account is broken. Refresh it by deregistering the Fire TV and re-registering.
- From the Fire TV menu, select “Settings” > “My Account” > “Amazon account” > “Deregister“.
- Confirm your selection by selecting “Deregister” again.
- When the registration page loads, sign back in using your Amazon account to re-register the device.
Fix 2 fixed voice control for my family’s Fire TV Stick. But I have heard Fix 1 has helped many people with this problem too. Let me know if it worked for you in the comments!