Having a problem with the microphone button on the remote control of the Fire TV? I did too. Voice Control just stopped working entirely for me. Here are some steps you can take to fix the issue.
Fix 1 – Restart
- First try simply restarting the Fire TV to see if that clears the issue. You can do so with these steps:
- From the Home screen, choose “Settings”.
- Select” My Fire TV”.
- Choose “Restart”.
Fix 2 – Re-register the Device
The microphone button on the remote usually stops working because the link to your Amazon account is broken. Refresh it by deregistering the Fire TV and re-registering.
- From the Fire TV menu, select “Settings” > “My Account” > “Amazon account” > “Deregister“.
- Confirm your selection by selecting “Deregister” again.
- When the registration page loads, sign back in using your Amazon account to re-register the device.
This worked for my family. Let me know if it worked for you in the comments!