You have that nice Roku to play movies for you, an outstanding audio system. But you discovered a problem where Roku is only playing audio in Stereo instead of Dolby.
This is a common problem for Roku Ultra users who want the ultimate audio/video setup. Fortunately, it is usually solved by finding the right setting to change.
- Start the video you wish to watch.
- While the video plays, press the Star (*) button.
- A menu will appear on the left side of the screen. Navigate down to highlight “Volume mode” and set it to “Off“.
You can also do this from “Settings”.
- From the “Home” screen, select “Settings“.
- Choose “Audio“.
- Select “Volume modes” and choose “Off“.
This setting must be set to “Off” for you to hear audio in surround format.
If you still have problems playing surround audio, check the ensure that the content you are watching and the speakers you are using support audio in a format other than Stereo.
I hope this guide has helped you solve your problem with audio only playing in Stereo sound on your Roku. Drop a comment below if you still have issues.