When using your Insignia Fire TV, you may encounter moments when there is no sound playing while watching video. Try these troubleshooting steps for solving the problem with no sound playing.
Fix 1 – Increase Volume
Press the “Volume Up” button on the remote to turn up the volume. Ensure that the sound is not muted.
Fix 2 – Ensure Bluetooth Device is Not Connected
The audio from your TV might be playing to a Bluetooth device like a set of headphones or external speaker. Ensure those devices are not connected to the TV or you won’t be able to hear sound from the speakers on the TV.
If you are trying to use a Bluetooth device and there is no audio being played through it, ensure to increase the volume settings on those devices. Otherwise, try these steps for troubleshooting Fire TV connecting to a Bluetooth speaker.
Fix 3 – Ensure TV Speakers Setting is On
- Press and hold the “Home” button on the remote until a menu appears.
- Select “Sound“.
- Set “TV Speakers” to “On“.
Fix 4 – Try a Different Audio Setting
- From the Home screen, select “Settings” ⚙️.
- Choose “Display & sounds“.
- Select “Audio Output“.
- Change the “Digital Audio Format” to a different setting. Setting to “PCM” usually does the trick.
Hopefully one of these 4 fixes in this guide has helped you solve the problem with no sound on your Insignia Fire TV.