Roku users may encounter a problem where the Roku only plays audio and no video when trying to play certain shows and movies. There are many reasons this could be happening. In this post we will cover a few things you can check to try to troubleshoot and solve this problem.
In This Guide
Start simple and see if a restart does it.
- Go to “Settings” > “System” > “Power” > “Restart“.
Roku TV users may need to unplug their TV for a minute, then plug it back in.
Check for Updates
Check to make sure that you are on the latest version of the Roku system software and channels.
- Press the “Home” button to get to the Home screen, then use the arrow controls to highlight the channel you wish to update.
- Press the asterisk (*) button. A menu will appear.
- Select “Check for updates“.
Updating System Software
- Go to “Settings” > “System” > “System Update“
Change Picture Settings (Integrated Roku TV Models)
- Start playing the show you are having problems with.
- While it’s playing, press the asterisk (*) button on the remote. A menu will appear on the left side of the screen.
- Select “Settings” > “TV picture settings” > “Picture size“.
- Change the setting to “Normal“. If that doesn’t work, try another setting.
I hope these tips have helped you fix the problem where there is no video playing on certain Roku channels. If you have anything to add, please share it in the comments section.