Roku users may find that the volume buttons on the remote have stopped working with the TV all of a sudden. Sometimes the remote loses its programming for the volume buttons while all the other buttons work fine. We’ll cover how you can fix this problem in this post.
You can make the volume up and down buttons on your Roku remote work with your TV with again by following these steps:
- Press the Home button on the remote to get to the Home screen.
- Press Left on the directional pad to bring up the menu on the left pane.
- Select Settings > Select Remotes & Devices > Remotes.
- Select the remote you are using. It will likely have “(in use)” next to it.
- Select Set up remote for TV control.
- A message will appear that asks the brand of TV you wish to setup. If the brand is correct, select Continue. If the brand is incorrect, select Change TV brand.
- Follow the prompts to verify if music is playing.
There you have it! Hopefully your volume buttons on the remote are now once again working with your TV and Roku remote.