If you’re crazy about saving money on your electric bill, you might want to completely turn off the Amazon Firestick. In this guide, we will show you some solutions for turning your Amazon Firestick off.
Option 1 – Use a Smart Power Strip
A smart power strip can be used to automatically cut off power from devices when a single appliance or electronic device is powered off.
- Obtain a smart power strip like this one.
- Plug the Firestick into a power save outlet on the smart power strip using an AC power block.
- Plug your TV into the main control outlet on the power strip.
With this configuration, power will be completely removed from the Firestick whenever the TV is turned off.
Another solution would be to use a power strip that allows you to shut off power outlets using a remote control.
Option 2 – Put Firestick to Sleep
The Amazon Firestick does not have a built in solution for turning the device completely off. But it does have a sleep function.
- Press and hold the 🏠 “Home” button on the remote until a menu appears on the screen.
- Navigate over to highlight the “Sleep” option, then press ⦿ on the remote.
Alternately, you can go to “Settings” ⚙️> “My Fire TV” > “Sleep“.
I hope these solutions have provided you with a way to power down your Amazon Firestick. Let me know how it worked out for you in the comments section below.