If you’re an Amazon Fire TV user who also uses YouTube Music, you may have noticed that there is no actual YouTube Music app available to download and install from the Amazon Appstore. So how can you listen to YouTube Music from the Fire TV or Firestick? We have some solutions for you here in this guide.
Option 1 – Use YouTube App
YouTube Music is included as part of the regular YouTube app.
- Download and install the YouTube app on your Fire TV.
- Open the app and select “Music” on the left pane.
- Enjoy listening to YouTube music.
Option 2 – Cast from Mobile Device
If you like the control you get from using the actual YouTube Music app, you can cast the music from your Android or Apple iOS device.
- Ensure that both your Fire TV and mobile device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- From your Fire TV, select “Settings” > “Display & Sounds” > “Display” > “Enable Display Mirroring“.
- iPhone and iPad users, swipe down the Quick Menu from the top of the screen, then tap “Screen Mirroring“. Android users, go to “Settings” > “Display” > “Cast Screen“, then select “Menu” > “Enable Wireless Display“. Samsung devices like the Galaxy S21 typically have a “Screen Mirroring” or “Smart View” option that is compatible with Fire TV. To access it, you need to swipe from the top of the screen using two fingers, then choose “Screen Mirroring“/”Smart View“.
- Tap “Screen Mirroring“.
- Select the Fire TV device you would like to connect to in the list.
- Open the YouTube Music app on your device, and play whatever you like. Audio will play to your Fire TV and through your TV.
I hope one of the above solutions have provided you with a solid way to listen to YouTube Music from your Fire TV or Firestick device.
1 thought on “How to Listen to YouTube Music on Fire TV / Firestick”
Youtube music is different from the regular youtube app. For example, I have both on my phone, but subscribe to youtube music so I play music with no ads. You can’t open the music tab on regular youtube app and search, then, for example, play an album.