Unregistering your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick will remove the relationship between your Amazon account and the device. You’ll want to unregister your Fire TV if you are selling or otherwise changing ownership of your device.
Unregistering then registering your Fire TV also can solve many problems with your device. It can clear memory storage and also solve a problem where voice commands aren’t working.
In This Guide
What Happens When You Deregister?
Your account will no longer be associated with the Fire TV. Your settings may be reset as well as your apps. However, if you register with the same username used previously, the same apps will be restored. Login credentials for each app may also be cleared.
Deregister Fire TV from Settings
- From the Fire TV Home screen, select Settings > Account & Profile Settings > your Amazon account > Deregister.
- Confirm your selection by selecting Deregister again.
- When the registration page loads, sign back in using your Amazon account to re-register the device.
Deregister Fire TV from Amazon
If you no longer have access to the Fire TV device you are deregistering or want to deregister without the remote, follow these steps:
- Login to your Amazon account from any web browser.
- Go to Accounts & Lists > Content & Devices > Devices > Fire TV.
- Select the device you wish to deregister, then select the Deregister button.
Register Fire TV
When a Fire TV is not registered, you will be prompted to sign in with your Amazon account. Simply login using an Amazon account or create a new one to register.