If you need to free space for the internal memory of the Amazon Fire TV, you can do so by moving apps to an external drive like a USB drive. This guide shows you how to move apps between internal and external storage.
Moving Apps to USB Storage
- Ensure the USB drive is properly inserted and detected. You can even install a USB drive on Firestick. Check under “Settings” > “My Fire TV” > “USB Drive” to be sure the drive is detected properly.
- From “Settings“, go to “Applications“.
- Select “Manage Installed Applications“.
- Select the app you wish to move.
- Select the “Move to USB Storage” option. This option will switch to “Move to Internal Storage” if the app is already located on a USB storage drive.
Why don’t I have the option to “Move to USB Storage” under certain apps.
Check once again that the drive is detected by the Fire TV. Otherwise, some apps are made with the option disabled. Many Amazon apps that come with the Fire TV do not have the option available.
Why isn’t my USB device detected by my Fire TV?
There are many possible reasons. Have a look at our post Amazon Fire TV USB Drive Not Working for tips on getting things working properly.