If your Amazon Firestick remote control has stopped working, you may need to reset it. There is a process that will reset the remote hardware. We’ll show step-by-step instructions on how to reset the Firestick remote.
Resetting Firestick Remote
To reset the Firestick remote, try the following steps. You can try these steps on your existing remote or a new one:
- Unplug your Fire TV or your Fire TV device from power and wait 60 seconds.
- Leave the Fire TV unplugged, then press and hold Left (⬅️) on the directional pad, Menu ☰, and Back buttons at the same time for 15 seconds.
- Release the buttons after 15 seconds, then wait an additional 5 seconds.
- Remove the batteries from the remote.
- Plug in your Fire TV and wait 60 seconds.
- Place the batteries back in your remote.
- Wait for the screen to appear that says, “Searching for your remote” or “Unable to detect remote” to appear, then press and hold the Home button on the remote for 12 seconds.
The remote should now properly connect to your Firestick!
These steps resolve the problem most of the time. You may need to try the reset multiple times to get it to work.
If you still have problems, have a look at our post “Firestick Won’t Pair with Remote“.