If you have an older CRT Television without an HDMI connection, you can still use the Amazon Fire TV device with it. All you need is an adapter. Use these steps to connect a Fire TV Stick or box to an old analog CRT TV.
- If you don’t have one already, purchase an HDMI to 3RCA Composite AV converter box. I have been using the Elekcity Mini HDMI to AV Composite Converter.
- Connect the Fire TV to the converter box using a standard HDMI cable.
- Connect the converter box to the TV using a 3RCA Composite cable.
- Be sure the converter box is plugged in and powered using a wall outlet.
- Set the TV to the proper input setting, and you’re ready to go!
Why am I getting a strange colored video when I connect everything?
Ensure the adapter is getting enough power. Use the power adapter that was included with it and attach it to a wall outlet. Also ensure the adapter is connected to the correct colors of the standard CRT connections on your television.
Why am I not getting any picture at all?
Ensure your TV is on the correct input and the Fire TV and adapter box are plugged into a wall outlet. You may want to try a different HDMI and RCA cable too. If you still don’t get results, you may need a replacement adapter box.
Why don’t I hear audio?
Check the settings on your television to make sure the audio settings aren’t configured to send audio to another device such as an external speaker. Also check to ensure the RCA cable is connected to the correct audio ports on the TV. If that doesn’t work, try a new HDMI and RCA cable.