You can use a Sony PS5 DualSense controller with your Amazon Firestick and use it a controller for navigating the Fire TV menus, or to play a video game. In this post, we will cover how to connect a PS5 controller to the Amazon Firestick.
Connecting PS5 Controller to Firestick
- Press the Home button on the Firestick remote to get to the Home screen and select the Settings icon.
Note: If you don’t have access to a remote that is paired with the Firestick, you can use the Amazon Fire TV app on your Android or Apple iOS device to navigate the menus.
- Scroll down and select Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.
- Select Game Controllers.
- Select Add New Game Controller.
- The Firestick will start searching for your PS5 controller. Place the PS5 controller into pairing mode by pressing and holding the PS (PlayStation) and the Share buttons at the same time for 5 seconds. The light on the PS5 controller should start flashing.
- The Firestick should display an option for Wireless Controller on the screen. Press the Select button on the Firestick remote to complete the connection.
You can now use your PS5 controller to navigate your Firestick menus!
PS5 Controller Won’t Connect to Firestick
- If you have problems getting the Firestick to detect the PS5 controller, check these things.
- Ensure the controller has been charged. If it flashes a red color or doesn’t flash at all, that indicates the controller is not charged.
- Check to make sure the controller has a line-of-sight path to the Firestick.
- Try resetting the PS5 controller. You can do this by using a paper clip or phone eject tool to press the tiny hole located on the rear of the controller. Press and release the button to perform a soft reset. Press and hold the button for more than 5 seconds to perform a hard reset. The controller will not provide any lights or visual aid to verify the reset is successful.
I hope this tutorial has helped you successfully connect your PS5 DualSense controller to your Amazon Firestick. If you still have problems, drop me a comment below.