I was playing around with my Roku Ultra and accidentally enabled Guest Mode. Guest Mode is a mode that is used if you have visitors to your property who are watching content via a Roku device. This option is often used for Roku devices located at properties offered on Air Bnb. Once I was done getting familiar with this feature, I couldn’t figure out how to get out of Guest Mode. After trying different things, I was finally able to figure it out.
So, I created this tutorial that will show you how to get out of Guest Mode on the Roku.
Option 1 – Disable Guest Mode from Roku
If you are physically located where the Roku device is located, perform these steps using the remote:
- If the Roku is in an active Guest Mode session, go to Settings > Guest Mode > Guest Mode sign out > Sign out and clear info. Then confirm your selection by selecting Sign out now.
- While on the Guest Mode welcome screen, press the asterisk (*) on the remote.
- A menu will appear. Select Disable Guest Mode.
- Enter your Roku PIN number, then select OK. If you have forgotten your PIN, you can visit your Roku account page to reset it.
Once you enter the PIN successfully, the Roku will take a few minutes to restart. When it finishes restarting, the device will turn off Guest Mode and return to its normal mode.
Option 2 – Disable Guest Mode from Roku Website
If you don’t have access to control the Roku using the remote locally, you can disable Guest Mode remotely from the Roku website using these steps:
- Login to https://my.roku.com from any web browser.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. A list of the Roku players on your account is shown. Select the Disable Guest Mode option next to the Roku you’re working with.
- Type your PIN, then select the Disable Guest Mode button.
I hope this post has helped you figure out how to successfully turn off Guest Mode on the Roku device. If you need additional help, please leave a comment in the comments section.
This tutorial is valid for all versions of the Roku including TCL Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Roku Streaming Stick, and Roku Streaming Bar.