If you’re connecting to a Roku over the network, you may want to have it labeled a different name. You can change the name of your Roku device from the Roku website, or the app. Here are the steps.
From Roku Website
- From any browser, login to the Roku Website at https://my.roku.com/.
- Scroll down to the “My linked devices” section. Select the 🖊️ in the Name column next to the device you wish to rename.
- Type a new name in the field, then select “Update” when finished.
That’s all there is to it. Your Roku device has now been renamed.
From Roku App
- Download and install the Roku app. The Roku app is available for Android and iOS devices.
- Open the Roku app, and select “Devices” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select ⋯ next to the Roku in the list you wish to rename.
- Choose “Set Name and Location“.
Note: If this option is grayed out, check to ensure that Roku is online and on the same network as the device from which you are using the Roku app.
- If prompted, login to your Roku account.
- Type a new name in the “Device Name” field. Tap “Save” when done.
There you have it! You have changed the name of your Roku from the app.