I wanted to switch my account being used by the Roku HBO Max channel, but could not for the life of me find the option to switch or logout of my account. After searching a long time, I finally stumbled upon the option.
To save you the trouble I went through, here are the steps for signing in and out of HBO Max on the Roku.
Signing Out of HBO Max
- Open the HBO Max channel, and navigate to the main screen.
- Arrow to the left to bring up the left menu pane.
- Highlight “Settings“, then press “OK” on the remote.
- Arrow all the way over to the right to select “Sign Out“.
- Arrow down to highlight the “Sign Out” button. Press “OK” on the remote.
- Arrow left to choose “Yes” to confirm that you wish to sign out of HBO Max.
Your account is now completely logged out of HBO Max.
Signing In to HBO Max
Once you have signed out of HBO Max, you can sign back in with a different or same account using these steps:
- Navigate to the Home screen. Arrow to the left to bring up the left menu pane.
- Arrow all the way up to highlight the person shadow icon. Press “OK” on the remote to select it.
- Arrow down to “Sign in“, then press “OK” on the remote to select.
- If the account you wish to use has the same email address as your Roku, select “Continue“. Otherwise, select “Use different email“.
- Type the email address and password for your HBO Max account, then choose “Sign In“.
I hope this guide saved you time with finding the option to sign out of HBO Max on the Roku. Let me know how it worked for you in the comments section.