The Peacock channel is not a very reliable channel. The channel has many problems. A common one is that it often won’t start and just kicks you back out to the Home screen.
We have managed to fix this problem using a few tricks. In this post we’ll cover some troubleshooting steps you can take when the Roku Peacock channel won’t start.
Fix 1 – Sign Out From Peacock Website
Simply signing out of your Peacock account will solve many issues with the Peacock channel. But what if you can’t get into the channel to logout? Fortunately, you can sign out from the Peacock website using these steps:
- Unplug your Roku device.
- Visit the Peacock website using a web browser.
- Select Login, then login using the same credentials you use with the Roku channel.
- Select Account (sometimes under the person icon located at the upper-right corner).
- Select Devices.
- Select the Sign Out All link, then select the Sign Out All Devices button to confirm your selection.
- Plug the Roku back in and attempt to start the Peacock channel.
Fix 2 – Uninstall then Reinstall Channel
- Press the Home button to get to the Home screen.
- Highlight the Peacock channel, press * (asterisk) > Remove channel.
- Press Left on the arrow-pad to bring up the menu pane.
- Select Streaming Channels.
- Navigate to reinstall the Peacock channel.
Fix 3 – Disable IP6 on Router
Some users have reported problems with the Peacock app if IPv6 is enabled on the wireless router. Login to the app or web interface for your wireless router and see if there is a setting that uses IP6 or IPv6 and disable it. IPv4 or IP4 is the only thing you should have enabled.