A common problem may occur with the Amazon Fire TV Stick where it throws an error when you’re trying to stream video that says:
“Home is Currently Unavailable – We are unable to connect to Amazon services. Please Check your Internet connection or try again later.”
It then provide a button to “Go to Network Settings“.
Use these steps to fix the problem.
Fix 1 – Simple Reset
Fix 2 – Reset Connections
Try to reset anything that is holding a connection using these steps.
- Disconnect power from the Fire TV Stick for 20 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Disconnect the Fire TV Stick from the HDMI port on the TV for 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Unplug power from your wireless router for 30 seconds, then plug it back in.
These steps should reset all connections to you Fire TV Stick so it can start fresh again. Hopefully you will no longer experience the “Home is currently unavailable” message and can stream video again.
Fix 3 – Deregister
If the above two fixes did nothing for you, try these steps to redo the registration of the Fire TV.
- From the Fire TV menu, select “Settings” > “My Account” > “Amazon account” > “Deregister“.
- Confirm your selection by selecting “Deregister” again.
- When the registration page loads, sign back in using your Amazon account to re-register the device.