A common problem may occur with the Amazon Fire TV Stick where it throws an error when you’re trying to stream video that says:
“Home is Currently Unavailable – We are unable to connect to Amazon services. Please Check your Internet connection or try again later.”
It then provides a button to “Go to Network Settings“.
Use these steps to fix the problem.
Check For Outage
This error can sometimes occur if there is a problem with the services at Amazon. Check here to verify that the problem is not a widespread issue on Amazon’s end. If many other users are experiencing the same problem, you’ll just need to wait until Amazon fixes the issue on their end.21
Soft Reset Fire TV
Perform a soft reset on the Fire TV. Try pressing and holding the Center button while pressing and holding the Play button for more than 5 seconds until the Fire TV restarts.
Reset Wired Connections
Try to reset anything that is holding a connection using these steps.
- Disconnect power from the Fire TV Stick for 20 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Disconnect the Fire TV Stick from the HDMI port on the TV for 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Unplug power from your wireless router for 30 seconds, then plug it back in.
If the problem happens regularly, you may need to use a new HDMI cable with your devices or try a different HDMI port on your TV if possible.
Deregister Amazon Account
If the above two fixes did nothing for you, try these steps to redo the registration of the Fire TV.
- From the Fire TV menu, select “Settings” > “My Account” > “Amazon account” > “Deregister“.
- Confirm your selection by selecting “Deregister” again.
- When the registration page loads, sign back in using your Amazon account to re-register the device.
These steps should reset all connections to your Fire TV Stick so it can start fresh again. Hopefully you will no longer experience the “Home is currently unavailable” message and can stream video again.
How can I fix this problem without a remote control?