Need some more room for apps on the Amazon Fire TV or Firestick? Use these tips for freeing more storage space on your Fire TV device.
Unregister / Register
This trick has been known by the expert Fire TV users community for years. If you want a quick and easy way to free storage space on your Fire TV, unregister the device, the register it again.
- From the Fire TV Home screen, select “Settings” > “Account & Profile Settings” > “Amazon account” > “Deregister“.
- Confirm your selection by selecting “Deregister” again.
- When the registration page loads, sign back in using your Amazon account to re-register the device.
Add External Storage
Utilize the external storage feature and connect a USB storage drive to your Fire TV. If you have a Firestick, see our post – How to Connect a USB Drive to Firestick.
Once you have connected a USB storage device, start moving apps over to the USB drive. More space achieved!
Delete Unused Apps
- Starting from the Home screen, select “Settings” ⚙️.
- Select “Applications” > “Manage installed Applications“.
- See if there is an app here you can live without. Once you find one, select it, then choose “Uninstall“. Repeat as many times as necessary.